St. John’s Medical Center
ABOUT OUR FACILITY: The current facility, located in Jackson, Wyoming, was built in 1991 and now has 108 beds: 48 Acute Care/Primary Care Unit beds and 60 long-term care beds. Nursing and technical specialties include: Medical/Surgical (PCU), Obstetrics, Intensive Care, Long Term Care (the “Living Center”), Skilled Nursing Care, Operating Room, Recovery Room, Outpatient Surgery, Emergency Room, Home Care & Hospice, Cancer Care & Infusion Services, Laboratory, Radiology, Respiratory Care, Rehabilitation, and Social Services.
St. John’s Medical Center also operates the following Physician Practices: Audiology & Hearing Aids; Cardiology; Cognitive Health; Ear, Nose, Throat & Allergy; Family Health & Urgent Care; General Surgery; Internal Medicine; and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
SJMC HISTORY: St. John’s Medical Center was established in 1916 as part of St. John’s Episcopal Church. Although the hospital no longer has a direct affiliation with the church, it has retained the original name. In 1976, St. John’s became the Teton County Hospital District, and does business as St. John’s Medical Center, with a publicly elected Board of Trustees. In the year 2000, St. John’s Hospital changed its name to St. John’s Medical Center to reflect a growing array of services and our regional customer base. In early 2005, a major renovation and expansion of the medical center was completed.
SJMC is a EOE/Drug Free Employer.